Monday, March 4, 2013

Inception

I have always loved dragons, knights, and wolves.  When I found George R.R. Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire when I was in college, I was convinced that there could not be a better story or characters in the world.  Fortunately, I wasn't the only one!

I have been enthusiastically watching HBO's Game of Thrones, and I was able to convince most of my family as well as some of my friends to join me.  Now, several of them have picked up the books as well, but I'm not sure anyone I know is quite as obsessed.

When the premiere date for season 2 was announced last year, I read various Facebook posts, Tweets, and Blogs about parties people were having.  I had also been reading about all the promos HBO had done for both the first and second season and wished that I was close enough to New York, Los Angeles, or even London to see everything first hand.  It didn't take long for me to realize that in order to participate in a GoT Event, I would have to create one myself.

Day of Thrones was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment